A whiskey tasting downtown. Five types of Johnnie Walker. Black, Red, Gold, Green, and Blue. Complete with 30-minute introductory film and themesongs for each type. We arrived late, late enough to miss most of the film, but also too late to catch the briefing on not sipping the whisky before we were allowed to do so. Odd, that at a whiskey tasting we were not permitted to start enjoying it right away, but again, it seems like that was all part of the experience - trying to woo us into thinking we were having a very special experience [buy Johnnie Walker!], to the point that the host was asking people at the end, "Which one do you think is next?" - to which the correct response was "Blue!" - and of course he couldn't hear us, so we had to repeat ourselves more enthusiastically. Knowing that we'd be getting it anyway, I refrained from yelling.
I mentioned we arrived late. There were three guys ahead of us, one of whom was particularly vocal about his displeasure at having to wait. The girl at the head of the line was overly apologetic and explanatory on why we had to wait - frankly, I didn't care - but she ended up giving us snifters for having had to suffer the inconvenience of waiting for a few minutes. I guess we kind of lucked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment