Since UCLA started work to revamp its south campus dining facility, students have been treated to a variety of food trucks that stop by on a rotating basis. Today, I stopped by to try out Krazy BBQ (the other option was the Grilled Cheese Truck), but now having read previous posts about staying within sprinting range of a bathroom, I'm hoping I won't regret my choice.
As Krazy BBQ is another Korean barbecue truck, following in Kogi's footsteps, I thought it would make sense to try their version of that which made Kogi famous: korean barbecue tacos. The meat quality was low (I had to spit out more than a few pieces of fat), and did not have much flavor on its own, although here and there were dashes of a Tapatio-like hot sauce on diced tomatoes.
Also, despite the fact that the line at the Grilled Cheese Truck was much longer, it moved a lot faster. I'm not sure what the hold up was with Krazy, but from ordering to receiving food was 25 minutes. While I'm all for food that isn't cooked in a microwave, it just seemed like this truck didn't have its service flow nailed down. Thus it missed on one of the largest appeals of food trucks - it's delicious food, served quickly. Well, actually, I guess it missed on both counts.
Lastly, and maybe this is below the belt, but if you're a prospective food-truck vendor looking to create a menu, maybe spell-check it before getting the signage made. I'm looking at you, cliantro. And you, short rip.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment