Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vino

A small gathering took place this evening at my workplace to celebrate a mural painted by one of my boss' friends, depicting birds native to Los Angeles. As often happens in situations where I don't know too many people and they're all older than I am, I took up residency behind the bar. The choices being limited to red or white wine, or sparking water, my job was easy, and mostly involved refilling plastic cups & making sure there was plenty of Pellegrino to go around. I spoke with some nice people, friends of the artist or my boss, or both, and finished off my night by consuming mini vegan chocolate chip cookies, and challenging their baker to a solid game of ping-pong. Even switching hands mid-rally, I was still dominating, but tried not to make it obvious. I intentionally overhit a few shots just to make it seem less lopsided, but when we started keeping score, I won the first seven points, and the eight was just barely off the table. Not intentional that time. But I didn't want to seem ruthless, either.

No comments: