Saturday, February 2, 2008

Awfulness

I woke up this morning feeling like I might puke, and I was dead-on. Not just once, but several times. With the nausea came a hacking cough, and extra snottiness, and just an overwhelmingly gross general feeling. I managed to combat the illness long enough to charge off to Trader Joe's for a baguette, and then to Jamba Juice for something with bananas & an immunity boost (too little, too late, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to replenish some of the minerals I'd been puking up all morning). I napped, then rallied for Kristen's birthday bowling party, telling everyone there that I'd gotten food poisoning from the Korean barbecue I'd had last night. While the beef was cooking, the helper dude had dumped a bowl of raw chicken on top of the grill, which no doubt got icky salmonella juices on everything.

Despite my feelings of weakness, I still managed to put up a pretty decent score, but maybe because bowling was about the only thing my pounding head could focus on. We were at Pinz on Ventura, which was ultra-loud, but, all in all, a pretty fun hang - though apparently the rates for bowling skyrocket during prime-time to an astronomical $90/hr.

No comments: