When we arrived back at the ferry terminal, we went to the car to find that we'd been blocked in. I had parked it in an area directly beneath a bridge, which, we found out later, was under construction. This area had barricades on three sides, and a large container on the fourth, with a narrow gap between it and another barricade, which is how we got into the area. Two cars had parked in the opening, and a third had parked right behind those, effectively blocking our route of egress.
We talked to the parking structure manager, who was helpful in getting the harbor police to assist us. Still, we waited until about 8.30 to get out of there, missing Jernej's party completely. We headed north to Downtown, where we changed in the car to meet the Edison's strict dress code.
Ordered a Spot Weld - gin, kahlua, vanilla bean, and tonic. Also a burger. The waitress came back and said they didn't have either. Nuts. I had a Dark & Stormy instead, and sliders, both of which were pretty good, but lesser substitutes. Polished off the remainder of my Tesla Fries with a Scharffen Berger Napoleon. Food, delicious, and delivered quickly. Drinks, also delicious, but our server was a little slower than the kitchen staff.
After dinner, we headed over to the opening of the Comme des Garçons party at 4th & Main, only to find that they were done for the night. Went next door to Bar 107 to await Jed's arrival (he'd been dj-ing the event), then decided to turn in for the night. We ran into him outside, chatted briefly, and went back home. So, Jernej's was a bust, as was the CDG party, and at the Edison we managed to get the last three seats in the joint, but the food options didn't quite work out. That after an evening spent waiting in a parking lot, on the one day while they were here that I was totally free. Annoying. Unlucky?
2 comments:
What a nightmare! That's horrible you spent the best part of your day in a San Pedro parking lot. Glad that you made it to the Edison, and how could they not have the fixings for a spot weld? Did the ingredients just disappear? Are ppl ordering more kahlua drinks like the nineties? What did you think of the Scharfen Berger? I don't know how many drinks I gamely ordered that A chivalrously switched with me (that being one) before I came to the conclusion that I only like drinks with two ingredients or less.
Post a Comment