Friday, February 1, 2008

Delirium

Woke up today at an ungodly hour to take care of a project for my boss. She had given me a directive to buy some cutting boards & have them laser-cut. This was at about 4.15, and both the kitchen supply store and the laser-cutting place closed at 5. I barely made it to the kitchen store in time, it being in the midst of rush-hour traffic (though the drive is only 4 miles), so I thought it best to show up at the laser-cutting place first thing in the morning to get the whole job accomplished. I ended up doing several other errands, as well, while I was out, and made it back to the office around 11.30. Spent all day trying to follow up with more price quotes for different materials, breaking only for a pizza - the pizza arrived cold, was overpriced, and didn't really taste that spectacular, so I'll just stick to Quizno's next time, I think.

All I had to keep myself going was the thought of Korean barbecue later in the evening, for Mike's birthday. I was going to feast, and it was going to be heavenly. I'd gorge myself on bulgogi, and maybe some beer.

As the day wore on, a cough I'd had grew more persistent. I think the timer on the heater ran out. The studio got colder, and I found myself mentally switching over to hot tea for my drink order.

It was a long day - about 12 hours, all told - and the food, as ChoSan Galbee, was delicious. I was a little put off that our server dumped raw chicken on top of our cooked beef, but just tried to avoid the pieces that looked extra gooey. Final result? Clean plate club.

No comments: