
Back in the day, my sisters and I would find ourselves in the North Shore Mall on occasion, and would always hit up the food court. Then, as now, I was a pretty picky eater, but I was never able to resist the free samples of Chick-Fil-A when I walked through. Years later, I was dating a girl who'd grown up in Atlanta, and we found ourselves bonding over the joys of Polynesian sauce and sweet tea. When we visited her family and friends in the Dirty, we ate there just about every day, hurricanes be damned - well, every day except Sunday.
Upon moving to Los Angeles, I did a quick search to find that the nearest Chick-Fil-A was in the South Bay Galleria - down the 405, past LAX, in the heart of scenic Torrance. Still, though, excursions southward were frequent, despite the mileage and traffic.
With that for a preamble, you can imagine my excitement to learn, courtesy of Thrillist, that a new location opened this week in downtown LA. I pretty much dropped everything to head down there immediately. I picked up two dozen nuggets (one for immediate consumption, one for post-gym gluttony) and this snazzy t-shirt. Sorry Torrance - there's a new sheriff in town.
3758 S Figueroa St (at Exposition)
Los Angeles, CA 90007
No comments:
Post a Comment