On my way to a DJ set, I stopped off at the A+D Museum for an event to which I'd been handed an extra ticket hours earlier. Local architects with recent projects - the work was, well, timid. The closest thing to interesting was an Oyler + Wu room divider in galvanized, which served to bisect the main gallery space while remaining semi-transparent. The piece seemed a little large for the space, and cluttered it a little, but at least forced circulation patterns around it, while kinks in the form provided conversation niches, and the horizontal planes also gave the perhaps unanticipated function of drink resting shelves.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
A + D Museum
On my way to a DJ set, I stopped off at the A+D Museum for an event to which I'd been handed an extra ticket hours earlier. Local architects with recent projects - the work was, well, timid. The closest thing to interesting was an Oyler + Wu room divider in galvanized, which served to bisect the main gallery space while remaining semi-transparent. The piece seemed a little large for the space, and cluttered it a little, but at least forced circulation patterns around it, while kinks in the form provided conversation niches, and the horizontal planes also gave the perhaps unanticipated function of drink resting shelves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment