Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bodega (West Hollywood)

After a long day at work, I wanted to unwind a bit with a glass of wine, and hit up the newest addition to the corner of Sunset & Vine, Bodega Wine Bar. Already with two other locations (Pasadena & Santa Monica), it appears this place has the wine scene figured out, including their own house wine, which is actually superb, despite being one of the least expensive choices from their cellar. I also tried an aged viognier, which is a dry, sweet, dessert wine, akin to a port, but lighter in both color and taste. Although I visited mid-week, there were plenty of people around, nibbling tapas and sharing carafes, which made for a generally convivial atmosphere. This location's a little smaller than their Santa Monica venue, but will be a welcome addition to the neighbourhood.


6290 Sunset Boulevard(@ Vine)
Los Angeles, CA 90028 Map
323.464.3400

No comments: