With the opening of the new Santa Monica Place (in the old Sears building, just south of 3rd street promenade), comes the simultaneous debut of four or five rooftop restaurants, plus a wide variety of street level shops. A few friends and I, determined to pay a visit despite the crowds, had dinner elsewhere (@ The Counter - supertasty build-your-own burgers), and made a late evening run to the roof. Sonoma Wine Garden lucked out with the spot closest to the beach, and we opted in.
Each of us got a glass of a different wine (about $14 apiece) and took seats beside the glass railing, looking over a view of the Santa Monica Pier. Even with the buzz of all of these openings, the madness had subsided by the time we arrived, and we were able to enjoy our fine-if-not-slightly-overpriced vino and converse outdoors with relative ease.
I'm eager to return to check out the other spots on the roof for dinner - we'll see when I next make it out to the West Side.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment