After working a full twelve-hour day, I thought I'd treat myself to dinner - and why not have some friends along for the ride, while I was at it? In reality, they were going, and I joined them, but that's between you and me. We hit Mozza at about 10.30 - the place was hopping. Skipped wine in favour of breaksticks with a spicy eggplant dish, which was quickly followed by a butternut squash & fennel bruschetta. I needed a protein fix, and found it in a cheeseless version of their meatlover's pizza: salami, prosciutto, bacon, and a homemade sausage.
For dessert, we couldn't decide between a banana chocolate pie and a butterscotch mousse. Turns out we didn't have to. We ordered the butterscotch dealie, and the chocolate banana pie came instead, and the servers just let us devour both, along with some blood orange, grapefruit, and chocolate hazelnut sorbets. Delish! The butterscotch was touted as being life-changing - well, not quite, but still pretty tasty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment