Today I did a lot of sanding and painting of a new bench for Paulette Macaron. Owen, a SciArc student, had made the seat out of exterior-rated mdf, and had primed it, but we had to make the surface ultra-smooth, so we sanded for about an hour before repainting it. Later, I sanded off another layer and threw a coat of spray paint over it. My boss called me the spray master.
It was nice to be working outdoors again. I've always enjoyed doing construction and the like, outside in the fresh air. Summers, mowing lawns and clipping dead limbs from trees. I can't claim to be an expert carpenter, but I've gotten to be somewhat handy. And I love putting those skills to use.
Owen and I drove to Beverly Hills, through traffic, to deliver the bench, and were rewarded with a macaron apiece - they were, as usual, delicious.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment